Thiru K. Devarajan
Retired Director of Government Examinations
Educational Qualifications : M.A.,B.Ed.,
|Examination Passed||University / Board||Subjects / Area|
|B.Sc.||Presidency College (University of Madras) Chennai||Geography|
|M.A.||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||Geography|
MERITS AND SCHOLARSHIPS OBTAINED
- Merit-cum-Mean Scholarship at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi for M.A. Course. Merit-cum-Mean Scholarship at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi for M.A. Course.
- Qualified in National Educational Test (Master’s Level) 1984 in the subject Geography, conducted by University Grants Commission for the Award of Junior Research Fellowship.
- Selected as a District Educational Officer (DEO-Group I Service) through Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Worked as DEO /CEO in various Districts.
- Promoted as Joint Director – worked in various levels(ie. Joint Director Matric Schools) (Joint Director Higher Secondary Examination) and Member Teachers Recruitment Board) in School Education Department.
- Promoted as Director, State Level Officer in the School Education Department, who worked in various capacities in this post.
- In the capacity of Director of Government Examinations and the Chairman, Board of School Examinations, Tamil Nadu, introduced many innovative schemes in the conduct of Board examinations.
EXPERIENCE IN WRITING TEXTBOOKS
- Chairperson for VI Std Social Science Textbooks for State Board Schools , Tamil Nadu – 1995.
- Reviewer for VII Std Social Science Textbook for State Board Schools, Tamil Nadu – 1996.
- Chairperson for VII Std Social Science Textbook for State Board Schools, Tamil Nadu – 2004.
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
|Sl.No.||Office / Institution||Post Held||From||To||Scale of Pay||Nature of Duties|
|1||District Educational Office, Chennai East||Administrative Training||19.01.1995||18.07.1995||8000-275-13500||Under Training|
|2||District Educational Office, Dindigul||District Educational Officer||19.07.1995||27.11.1995||8000-275-13500||Appointing authority for the post of Junior Assistants, Typists, etc. – Grant releasing authority in respect of Aided schools. Inspecting Authority and Academic supervisor of High schools in the Districts|
|3||District Elementary Educational Office,Ramnad||District Elementary Educational Officer||27.11.1995||08.01.1997||8000-275-13500||Inspecting Authority for all the Assistant Educational Officers in the District. Appointing and transferring authority for secondary Grade Teachers in the Elementary and Middle schools. Academic Supervisor of all Primary and Upper Primary Schools in the District|
|4||Corporation Educational Office, Madurai Corporation||Corporation Educational Officer||13.01.1997||23.11.1997||8000-275-13500||Supervisory Authority for all the schools under the corporation Management|
|5||Chief Educational Office, Nilgiris||Chief Educational Officer||24.11.1997||12.05.1999||10000-325-15200||Controlling Authority of all kinds of schools in the Revenue District. Appellate Authority in regard to Aided Schools. Supervise the work of DEOs. Academic Supervisor of all High and Higher Secondary Schools in the District|
|6||Chief Educational Office, Pudukottai||Chief Educational Officer||17.05.1999||21.10.1999||10000-325-15200||Controlling Authority of all kinds of schools in the Revenue District. Appellate Authority in regard to Aided Schools. Supervise the work of DEOs. Academic Supervisor of all High and Higher Secondary Schools in the District|
|7||Teachers Recruitment Board,
|Member in the cadre of Joint Director on promotion||22.10.1999||30.11.1999||14300-400–18300||Member in the interview board for selection of teachers of all categories|
|8||Chief Educational Office, Pudukottai||Chief Educational Officer (on reversion for want of vacancy)||07.12.1999||11.07.2000||10000-325-15200||Controlling Authority of all kinds of schools in the Revenue District. Appellate Authority in regard to Aided Schools. Supervise the work of DEOs. Academic Supervisor of all High and Higher Secondary Schools in the District|
|9||Directorate of School Education, Chennai- 6||Joint Director (Matriculation)||12.07.2000||23.11.2000||14300-400–18300||Sanctioning Recognition to Matriculation schools in the state and responsible for framing of curriculum and syllabus for the Matriculation Board|
|10||Directorate of Government Examinations, Chennai-6||Joint Director (Higher Secondary)||03.12.2001||31.08.2005||14300-400–18300||Responsible for conducting Higher Secondary Examination in the capacity of Secretary, Tamil Nadu State Board of Higher Secondary Examinations|
|11||Directorate of School Education, Chennai- 6||Joint Director (Higher Secondary)||26.10.2005||07.09.2006||14300-400–18300||Administrative Supervision of Aided schools and Recognition of Self Finance High Schools|
|12||Directorate of Teacher Education, Research and Training, Chennai- 6||Joint Director (Schemes)||07.09.2006||06.06.2008||14300-400–18300||Responsible for implementing various schemes and Training Programmes, Research work, Material Development in the Directorate and Monitoring DIETs and schools to improve the quality of Education|
|13||Directorate of Elementary Education, Chennai- 6||Director (on Promotion)||06.06.2008||03.07.2010||16400–450-20000||Implementation of all policy matters of the Government pertaining to Elementary matters and Welfare schemes of the State and Central Government Appointments, Posting, Transfers and Matters relating to disciplinary proceedings under rule 17(a) and 17 (b) of all Assistant Elementary Educational Officers. Grant of initial permission for opening of New Primary schools and up gradation of Primary schools into Middle schools|
|14||Director of Matriculation Schools||On Transfer||03.07.2010||21.09.2011|
|15||Directorate of Teacher Education, Research and Training, Chennai- 6||On Transfer||21.09.2011||06.08.2012|
|16||Director of School Education,
|17||Director of Government Examinations, Chennnai-6||On Transfer||31.07.2013||30.06.2015||Retired on 30.06.2015 on Superannuation|